The internet is obviously taking over our lives, and, for the most part, it’s incredibly convenient.
I find it helpful that Google can pull up my search history across devices, and moderately successfully target their advertising.
On a good day, I’ll see ads for clothing (beautiful jackets, stunning heels, and vintage jewelry) and kitchen utensils (do I really need another stand mixer? Don’t answer that; I’m keeping the dream alive).
On a worse day, I’ll see a lot of ads for glasses (to be fair, I am erring on the side of blind), dating websites, and, paradoxically, diapers (Honest diapers, no less).
Earlier today, I was doing research for a school paper I’m writing on The Divorce from Hell.
We all know where this is going, right?
Next they’ll be showing me advertisements for cats.
- 1 cup kale, washed and torn into small pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (I used a mix of white, cremini, and shiitake)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Sauté mushrooms for about 10 minutes – they’ll let out water and shrink quite a bit.
- Move mushrooms to a small bowl, and let the pan heat up again for a minute or so. Add the kale, and pour a scant quarter cup of water over the leaves. As the water evaporates, the kale will lightly steam. Once the water is gone, add the kale to the bowl of mushrooms.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
I served this with Smitten Kitchen’s roast chicken for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.