Over the last few weeks, I’ve barely had time to breathe.
Between a full-time job, a part-time job, two online university courses, and a dizzying amount of circus training, I’m pretty sure I’ve forgotten what it feels like to only have to focus on one thing at a time.
And I am definitely sure I’ve forgotten what it feels like to get an entire eight consecutive hours of sleep.
I’ve also had very little time to bake… Except for banana bread.
There’s always time for banana bread.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of half a lemon
- about 3/4 cup milk (add milk to the lemon juice to make 3/4 cup total)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside. You may also want to pull out a muffin tin at this point, but you can do it later.
- In the bowl of a standmixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add in bananas and egg, until everything is well incorporated.
- Sift in dry ingredients (flour through salt). Stir a couple times.
- Add in the milk / lemon juice mixture, and the vanilla. Keep stirring until there are no dry bits of flour visible, but try not to overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and muffin pan if you have extra (I made one loaf plus 6 small muffins).
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. My loaf took about 55 minutes, and the muffins took about 25.